If you want to know about the brick masonry or types of bonds in brick masonry or Introduction of pile foundation, please click the link.
“Window dressings” typically refers to decorative elements used to enhance the appearance of windows, such as curtains, blinds, or drapes. It can also be used figuratively to describe actions taken to make something look better or more presentable without actually changing the substance or content.
1) Window dressing
- Window covering composed by long strips of fabric or rigid material. Window blinds reduce the heat from sunlight.
- Curtains provide insulation and privacy and dress windows in a variety of styles, colors and textures. Made up of sheer, semi sheer and light weight fabrics.
- Important properties consider durability, resistance to sunlight and soil etc.
- Window can be dressed into 2 ways….
- External dressing
- Internal dressing
2) External Window dressing
- Window covering composed by outside of any types of buildings that’s protect us from weathering effect, Suspicious activity, mosquitoes, and other lighting conditions
- There are several ways for the window dressing From the outside of buildings are-
- Using films
i) Window Awnings
- Awnings, which come in numerous fashionable patterns, enthralling style and soothing colours.
- Developed from the finest quality steel and fabric, these awnings are certain to last for a long period of time.
- We offer the best quality Residential Awnings at the most competitive rates for all your indoor and outdoor needs.
- These Awnings are specially designed to enhance the elegance, charm and value of any home
- Made of quality fabric, our Folding & S Shades are simple and elegant way of protection and privacy.
- These shades do not require the “stacking space” of a traditional folding shade and can easily be installed.
- We offer window canopies with up and down movement guided by vertical channels.
- They are available in various dimensions to fit small or large windows.
- Our range of window canopies adds beauty and elegance to any home.
- These canopies protect from harmful elements besides offering cool shade and cover furniture and flooring from harmful UV rays.
- Window canopies are a combination of both the beauty and functionality.
3) Internal Window dressing
- Window covering composed by inside of any types of buildings that’s protect us from romantic effect, Private & confidential activity, personal daily life, commercial other lighting conditions…
- There are several ways for the window dressing From the outside of buildings are-
- Curtains provide insulation and privacy and dress windows in a variety of styles, colors and textures.
- Curtains are attractive, modern alternatives to standard curtains where you simply run a long piece of fabric across the rod.
- Curtains seem to be open and friendly.
- From the inside of your home, people also get a sense of who you are by looking at the types of curtains you use
Various types of material used as curtain
Various parts of curtain
- Rods & knobs
- Hooks and brackets
- A pleated or gathered piece of fabric usually installed over the top of curtains.
- Valances are very popular at the moment as they can be used in combination with curtains to produce a complete window dressing
- A pelmet is a framework placed above a window, used to conceal curtain fixtures.
- These can be used decoratively (to hide the curtain rod).
Types of pelmets
- Plain Pelmet
- Padded Pelmet
- Stiff Pelmet
Different between valances & pelmets
- It’s so easy to confuse valances with pelmets, but they are in fact two totally different types of window dressing.
- A pelmet is flat and usually has a shaped lower edge.
- A valance is much softer in appearance with a gathered or pleated heading.
c) Lambrequins different from pelmets
- Lambrequin is similar to pelmet but the difference is lambrequins have much longer sides that can go as far down as the window sill.
- In the case of a lambrequin, the top pelmet board is actually fastened to the front and sides to form a box frame.
- A pelmet is only attached to the top board (fastened to the wall) at the installation stage.
d) Rods & knobs
- Rods are available in
- Wrought iron &
e) Hooks and brackets
- Curtain hooks suitable for all curtains with heading tape.
- Plain nylon plastic curtain hooks vary in style but all perform the same function.
- Brackets are used to support the curtains to the wall well, they are very essential and are used for fixing the curtain rods.
- Brackets are made in different sizes.
- They are made keeping into consideration to fit the curtain rods correctly and match well with their colors and style.
- A window blind is a window covering composed of long strips of fabric or rigid material.
- Window blinds reduce the heat from sunlight.
a) Types of blinds
- Roman blinds
- Roller blinds
- Vertical blinds
- Wooden blinds
- Venetian blinds
- Vertical blinds that are the traditional choice for sliding doors and large windows, allowing enough space as desired when open.
- Our vertical blinds are combined with the beauty of sheer fabrics and offering a sub diffusion of light.
- These blinds ensure both privacy and security.
- These vertical blinds are commonly used in offices, conference rooms, homes, etc.
- Roman blinds which are durable and support better light control. These are available with smooth self-aligning system which is easy to operate for both home and commercial purposes.
- Our roman blinds are very elegant in appearance and we offer a wide range of latest roman blinds. Now we are also offering our roman blinds with beaded ball chain operation eliminating visible cords when stacked up.
- Roller blinds come with a choice of Glass fibre and PVC screens with the openness factors ranging from 3% to 10% for optimization of day light, Blackout and Dim-out fabrics for AV areas / conference rooms and Translucent fabrics to suit any interiors.
- We have combined modern fabrics with simple functioning and made our blinds first choice for the modern interiors. Our roller blinds are the most demanded blinds in the market as these roller blinds can add the designer and sophisticated look to any window.
- These roller blinds can be used in board rooms and conference rooms.
- Venetian blinds are perfect for all interiors. They have this all-round quality to suit diverse looks. The clean and crisp line of louver line’s venetian blinds give an uncluttered look to windows.
- These super light venetian blinds come with cord lock and acrylic tilt wand mechanism; these are available in solid plain colours, metallic finishes and perforated slats.
- Wooden blinds are stylish and have a mesmerizing appeal. They are highly demanded all across the country owing to their quality and fine finishing.
- Available in customized ranges, our wooden blinds blend dexterously with other window treatments and furnishings. Manufactured from natural wood products, they bear natural colors, shades and finishes.
b) Other blinds
- Sky light blinds
- Bamboo chick blinds
- Motorized vanetian blinds
- Motorized rollar blinds
- Motorized wooden blinds
- Festoon blinds
- We offer an attractive array shading system ideal for straight, horizontal or inclined skylight opening. Our skylight window blinds are in high demand in the domestic market and can be customized on various curved atriums, barrel vaults, greenhouse facades and others.
- Skylight window blinds have dual track system with synchronized motors and bear fabric stability. Further, skylight blind have extruded head rails and can be equipped with standard 30 watt motors or with 45 watt motors
Festoon blinds are generally crafted from light weight curtain fabrics and can be raised or lowered for privacy or managing heat. They are available in market leading prices.
Some of the significant attributes of our range includes:
- Very convenient and easy to use
- The cord operation the blind can be stopped in any position.
- easy to clean
- The cloth can be simply removed from the
- head rail for cleaning.
- The blind can be fitted inside or outside the window recess.
- Motorization option is also available with remote or without remote.
4) Fixing details of different types of blinds
In the context of interior design, window dressings are an important element that can help to bring together the overall look and feel of a space. They can be used to control the amount of natural light that enters a room, add privacy, and create a sense of warmth and coziness.