Noida, also known as New Okhla Industrial Development Authority, is a planned city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is located in the National Capital Region (NCR) and is a part of the Gautam Buddh Nagar district.
- NOIDA Constituted under the U.P. Industrial Area Development Act, 1976, NOIDA has now emerged as a planned, integrated, mordern Industrial City, well connect to Delhi through a network of roads, national highways and the ultra – morden DND flyover, offering inter – road linkages to all parts of the country.
- Spread over 20,316 hectares, with many sectors fully developed, NOIDA offers a pollution free high standard of living and highly supportive industrial environment with its unique infrastucture providing numerous, matchless facilities.
- New Ohkla Industrial Development Authority – NOIDA is one of the largest planned industrial townships of Asia.
- Set up in 1976, with a view to develop an Integrated Industrial Township for the industrial growth of the area, under the Uttar Pradesh Industrial Area Development Act, it best symbolizes harmony between human habitat and Industrial Enterprise.
- It is located in the state of Uttar Pradesh at the fringes of Delhi, the national capital.
- Located at the doorstep old Delhi, NOIDA is only 14 Kms. away from Connaught Place.
- The 550 mtr. long, eight lane NOIDA Toll Bridge across Yamuna connecting Maharani Bagh in Delhi to NOIDA has further reduced the distance, time and cost of commuting to and from Delhi-NOIDA.
2) Green and Eco City
- Unlike many other industrial areas, infrastructural facilities in this area have well preceded development.
- Emphasis has been laid on developing Noida, as a green heaven – named GREEN NOIDA CLEAN NOIDA, totally free from pollution.
3) Grid – Iron Concept
- Noida has been planned on the grid iron concept and employs state-of-the-art technology in Engineering, Urban Planning and Architecture.
- Significantly, it conceptualizes the needs of a fast developing city of the future.
- The Action Plan and approach compares well with international standards and is aimed at providing rapid momentum to the growth of the industrial sector both in the State of Uttar Pradesh and the Country.
4) Power Supply and Telephone
- Power supply in Noida is uninterrupted.
- Telephony in NOIDA is digital and optical fibre cable based with state-of-the art electronic exchange providing Integration Service Digital Network (ISDN) services facilitating high quality voice , data and image transfer, inter computer file transfer, high quality and speed fax transmission, video conferencing and a variety of phone plus services.
- There is also local call connectivity to Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad and other adjoining towns, reducing cost of communication upto 200 Kilometer peripheri.
5) Drinking Water
- Drinking water supply is in abundance in NOIDA. The 90 tube wells, 5 rainy wells, 25 overhead tanks and 850 Kms.
- long water pipeline network carry about 2 Lakh KLD drinking water per day, making the per capita availability of drinking water to 225 litres.
- In addition to this, the 49,400 KLD Ganga water project has already started.
- Plans are also afoot to make use of rain water by means of modern indigenous technology for agricultural purposes to supplement the availability of water to meet the future requirements.
- The roads in NOIDA are smooth and wide for movement of traffic with ease and comfort. NH 2, Link Road, Kondli Road, Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, the Noida-Agra-Mathura Expressway under construction and the eight-lane DND flyover with Toll Bridge already operational further provide ease and comfort in road-traffic in to and out of the city of NOIDA.
- The DND flyover with Toll Bridge and Toll Plaza is a unique project.
- In different sectors of NOIDA, the NOIDA Authority is maintaining 400 Kms.
- long internal roads and 125 Kms. long boundary roads which make the intra-city-road-traffic much easier and comfortable.
7) Law and Order
- The law and order situation in Noida is impeccable.
- To make this possible, in line with the National Capital Territory of Delhi, the network of Police Posts, Police Stations and round-the-clock Police Patrolling has been set up through out NOIDA.
- This year, with a view to keep the city green and clean to maintain the ecological balance of the environment in NOIDA, a project to develop parks in 165 acres of the land comprising of 95 acres green belt and 150 kms. road side tree-plantations is on the anvil.
- The two sewage treatment plants in operation is on the anvil.
- The two sevage treatment plants in operation in noida, producing 7 crore litres of water per day are intended to irrigate the green belt areas and parks growing flora of a wide variety in different sectors of NOIDA.
- Help would also be extented to create underground water supply facilities, and to make possible provision of water at cheaper rates for irrigation purpose.
- To maitain the ecological balance , the Authority envisages to involve NGOs and Governamental organisations in the development and the maintainance of green belts and parks. Bsides extending the clarion calls to the public towards the environmental issues, this approach will give a new dimntion and direction to our task.
- This year NOIDA has given emphasis on planting traditional trees involved about 65000 neem, jamun,tamarind,gullar, sesame, arjun and pilkhan.
9) Dream Housing Projects
- About 35.66 % area of NOIDA is being developed as a residential areas. 4,49,456 sq. mtr. land has been year marked as residential areas and rest meant for group housing projects.
- For the working class, engineers/employees of different establishments, project has been introduced involving constrution of 31035 residential units in duplex, HIG,MIG,LIG and EWS categories.
- For sheltering those below poverity line, under the SHRAMIK KUNJ’ project, 4952 houses of one room set have been constructed.
- Plans are also afoot on aproject to bring a Senior Citizens’ ressidential complex.
- Side by side with the creation of commercial centers in each sector , as a part of its planned and synchronous development, a full-fledged commercial complex has been developed in sector-18 where one get everything from on ordinary writing paper & stationery to computer-print paper & stationery, clothing material to fashionable garments, simple tools & tackles to electrical & electronic goods & appliances etc.
- NOIDA city center is being developed on a 99 hectre plot. The city center will have boundless facilities within viz. big offices of trade and commerce, cultural centers, service industries, five star hotels, international standard restaurants, whole sale outlets, multiplex, center for socio- cultural activities, government/semi-government offices, public facilities, residential blocks & residence cum work centers, and premises for informal / unorganized sectors.
- On completion, the city center is expected to give a face lift- a new identity to NOIDA in the socio-economic, cultural trade and commercial area.
- NOIDA has given topmost priority to the development of Educational Institutions.
- The leading schools viz. Amity International, Apeejay, Army Public School, D.P.S, Khaitan, Cambridge, Somerville etc. are providing school level education facilities to not only the children of NOIDA residents, but also to residents of Delhi.
12) An Ideal Industrial Area
- Last year Noida has earmarked 7,10,000 sq.mtr. land for different Industries.
- There are 6014 manufacturing units here. With an investment of about 12710 crore rupees, these industries provide employment to over 94736 people.
- To help establish industries, many industry-friendly simplified measures have been introduced.
- As a result, now building plans conforming to by-laws need not wait for approval for commencement of construction.
- Non-interested entrepreneurs can exercise the option of post-allotment “surrender without tears”.
- The requirement of seeking permission for mortgaging” fully paid” industrial plots, have been done away with.
- At the time of transfer of industrial property, the requirement of getting clearance certificate from other departments of the UP Government has been removed.
- The NOIDA Software Technology Park (STP) ranks second in the country in terms of export turnover and the Infotech Park (ITP) on 100 acres of land with state-of-the-art infrastructure, housing about 152-200 units make NOIDA the epicenter of IT Revolution.
- NOIDA Export Processing Zone (NEPZ), a 100% export oriented unit and the only land locked export processing zone in the country, housing industries like Electronics, Textiles, Engineering, Computer Software, etc. recorded a turnover of Rs. 846.20 Crores in the current year.
- Realising NOIDA’s potential, many reputed industrial houses both at home and abroad have made NOIDA the pivot of their operations.
- M/s Motwane Laboratories, America (Known for their reputed medicines) have been alloted 300 acres of land out of which 100 acres will be utilised by for establishing a bio-tech university.
- This will be the first bio-tech university of Asia which will give a new lease of life to the bio-tech students of our country.
- NOIDA after acquiring 385 acres of land, has acquired and developed over 5888 hectares of land until now.
- During the current year, 3 residential sectors and 2 industrial sectors have been developed.
- In the decade ahead, 3400 hectares of land will be acquired and developed, out of which 430 hectares have been earmarked for residential, 620 hectares for commercial, 650 hectares of industrial and 200 hectares for institutional purposes.
- Another 300 hectares of land have been earmarked for development of recreational purposes which will include entertainment park and center for musical & cultural activities. 125 hectares of land will be utilized for creation of road transport facilities including bus terminal.
14) The Villages of Noida
- NOIDA has also paid equal importance & attention to the development of villages in Noida.
- This is because the authority considers these villages as the mainstreams of a developing society.
- In the 31 village panchayats of NOIDA, there are 81 villages out of which 64 are developed.
- The residents of the cluster of these villages located in the different parts of the present city once formed the owners of the farm land acquired by NOIDA for it’s developmental activities.
- Many steps have been taken for the development of these villages and for the welfare of the residents, which include construction of roads, schools, community center, panchayat houses & provision for water supply, sewerage. Plans have been drawn up to provide the above facilities to all 81 villages in NOIDA in a planned & phased manner.
- As of now, 31 schools and 10 community centeres have already been constructed. Every year, the authority spends an amount of Rs. 10 Crores in association with the villages for carrying out the above mentioned developmental activities.
- Steps have also been initiated for sustaining earning capacity of these villagers for providing them with commercial plotsfor shops etc. in the adjoining acquired areas of these villages.
- This step is expected to bring in the much desired economic stability & happiness to these village households as it will enhance thier earnings. To begin with, this scheme is now being introduced in 5-6 villages of NOIDA
15) Entertainment & Leisure Amusement Park
- To light up Noida’s skyline, International Recreational Park Ltd. has been allotted a 140-acre plot in Sector 38A to develop an amusement park without parallel.
- As much as 119 acres will be dedicated to theme amusement and entertainment. This will comprise: Fantasy World (covering approximately 47.03 acres), Bollywood Film Park (13.17), Entertainment Village and World (22.4), Water World (13.58) and parking (11.2). The remaining 21 acres will be dedicated to commercial facilities supportive of the park.
16) Noida Habitatat Centre
- As Noida is a flourishing area of the National Capital Region, it has been decided to establish the Noida Habitat / Convention Centre (NHC) for societal, cultural and intellectual development at the national and international levels.
- Its objective will be to awaken and promote the environment of society’s intellectual activities.
- Keeping the convenience of all the residents, industrialists, businessmen and traders of the city in mind, the NHC will run several cultural programmes and intellectual seminars.
- The Centre will house a high-level library and world-class auditorium, conference and banquet hall as well as club facilities, restaurant, fitness centre, yoga and de-stress centre, amenities for sports and leisure, service apartments/rooms, utility store, food court, mini-audo/movie theatre, function hall, training room/classroom, swimming pool, exhibition hall, art gallery and business centre.
- On its 15-acre site, the NHC will promote all-round progress in the area and become a major attraction of the city.
17) Impetus for sports & games
- The stadium at Sector 21 is being developed to hold international-level sports and games.
- In addition, along the Expressway, World Nature and DSC Road, the establishment of a sports complex spread over 450 acres in Sector 101 involving two large indoor stadia is being planned where badminton, table tennis, weightlifting and basketball competitions can be organised.
- Further, the Yamuna water body along the Okhla Barrage has been identified for water sports, especially rowing.
- Preparations to create world-class facilities for the 2009 National Games to be held in Uttar Pradesh, are under way in Noida
18) Golf Course & Cultural Center
- NOIDA has also a Golf course of International Standard.
- The authority has also undertaken the construction of Indira Gandhi Cultural Center, which will serve as a forum for various socio-cultural activities of this integrated township.
19) A reflection of the changing attitude
- The beginning of 1976 witnessed many leaps and bounds in the development journey of NOIDA.
- In the development of industrial, residential, commercial and institutional sectors, there have been many ups and downs. In the last few years, the Authority adopted many industry-friendly, pro-public measures provided by the Govt. and aimed at removing the irksome procedural formalities to make the bureaucracy functional and to eliminate the delays.
- And these steps have gone a long way in accomplishing the task before us.
- Some of the steps taken in this direction are enumerated below:
i) INDUSTRIAL AREA Allotment
- Allotment of industrial plots/sheds in Phase-I is made on the basis of sealed Tenders.
- Allotment of plots upto 2000 sq.mtr. in Phase II and III is made through the schemes advertised from time to time.
- The allotment of plots upto 2000 sq.mtr. is made through draw of lots after including all the applicants of this category provided they have applied for a permitted project.
- The allotment is done through draw of lots which is phase wise and area category wise.
- The applicants also obtain specific location of their plot through this draw.
- Allotment of plots above 2000 sq.mtr. on Phase II & III is made on the basis evaluation of the project and interview of the applicant by the Screening Committee and approved of CEO through schemes announced from time to time.
ii) Change of Project
- Now Authority has chalked out a negative list of projects.
- For projects which are not covered in the negative list entrepreneurs can straight away go ahead with the project and they have simply to inform the Authority regarding the change and no approval is necessary.
iii) Mortgage Permission
- Now the practice of taking permission for mortgage has been done away with in cases where full premium and one time least rent has been paid.
- Simplification of various levies such as transfer/CIC charges.
renting charges and time extension charges
- Now the Authority has simplified the method of calculation.
- Now transfer/CIC/renting/time extension charges are levied on flat rate basis.
- This system has given the entrepreneurs a transparent working atmosphere and they do not need to go through a cumbersome procedure of calculation.
- Increase in time and reduction in extension charges for making it functional. Now period of 2 years for built up shops and 3 years for commercial plot is given without charged for making the commercial unit functional.
- In case of non functional within this time, payable extension charges are:
1st year :- 5% of total premium.
2nd year :- 7.5% of total premium.
3th year and thereafter :- 10% of total premium.
4th year :- 15% of total premium.
5th year and thereafter :- 20% of total premium
iv) Time allowed for making the commercial properties functional after transfer.
- Now a period of 1 year is given without charges to the transferee to make the commercial unit functional.
- Now in case of transfer of commercial properties in blood relation i.e. in favour of father/mother, husband/wife, son/daughter, and vice versa, the commercial unit shall deemed functional in favour of transferee and no documents are required to be submitted for functioning of commercial unit
v) Construction of building/compounding levy.
- Now the allottees can start construction after submission of building plans without waiting for the approval provided it is certified to be as per the building bye laws by an Architect.
- Now only setbacks and height will be restricted and restrictions of inner construction has been done away with.
vi) Issue of challans for deposit of outstandings of various charges.
- Now the procedure is simplified.
- Challans are available in the various banks.
- Allot tees can now calculate the levies/outstanding dues according to their own calculation and deposit it in the bank.
- They have just to submit a copy of the challan to the authority in order to update authority’s record.
vii) Residential Plots Department Transfer Premission
- The procedure for transfer permission has been made simplified. Allottees and prospective buyers are required to submit joint application along with original title documents, processing fee and transfer charges.
- After scrutiny of submitted documents, transfer permission is granted if upto date dues are clear.
viii) Built-up Houses Allotment of Flats
- The residual Houses/New Schems are being allotted on Manual Draw Plots.
ix) Mortgage Permission
- Now the condition of mortgage permission has been extended to the allottees for raising loan from Pvt. financial Institutional duly recognized and authorised by R.B.I and N.H. Bank
x) INSITUTIONAL Transfer Permission
- Now transfer is permitted after payment of transfer of charges @ 10% of allotted total premium.
xi) Non-Conventional Education
- It is allotted under an open ended scheme rate in institutional sector and at residential plot rates in the respective sector.
xii) Allotments of Green institutional area
- Applicants desirous of establishing institutions for heigher education of national/international standards are allotted min. 20 hec. of Green Institutional with a provision that 25% area (free of any premium) would be kept pure green free of any construction/encroachments.
Overall, Noida is considered one of the fastest-growing cities in India, and it continues to attract a large number of people from across the country for its business opportunities, quality of life, and modern urban amenities.