Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) is a government agency responsible for the planning and development of the city of Ghaziabad, located in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. The agency works to improve the infrastructure and living conditions in the city by implementing various development projects such as construction of roads, bridges, and flyovers, development of housing colonies, and provision of basic amenities such as water and sanitation. GDA also plays a role in land acquisition and land use planning in the city. It works in collaboration with other government agencies and local authorities to ensure the smooth implementation of development projects and to address the needs of the citizens of Ghaziabad.
Ghaziabad Development Authority is created under Section-4 of Urban Planning and Development Act, 1973 by Government Order no. 738(1)-37-2-47-DA76, Lucknow dated 9th March 1977. The primary objectives of the Authority are:
- Preparation of Master Plan for Planned Urban Development.
- Development & Control as per Master Plan.
- Acquisition of Land and Management for Housing and Urban Development.
- Construction Housing and Development.
- Provision of Physical and Social Infrastructure.
GDA performs a variety of functions in order to achieve these objectives.
Some of its key activities include:
- Preparation of development plans and schemes for the city
- Implementation of development projects such as construction of roads, bridges, and flyovers
- Development of housing colonies and residential areas
- Land acquisition and land use planning
- Provision of basic amenities such as water, electricity, and sanitation
- Collaboration with other government agencies and local authorities to ensure the smooth implementation of development projects
GDA also works towards the conservation of the environment and the promotion of sustainable development in the city. It actively engages with the citizens of Ghaziabad and seeks their feedback and suggestions to ensure that its development plans and projects are in line with the needs and aspirations of the community.
1) Ghaziabad development area
- Development Area Under Ghaziabad Development Authority includes Ghaziabad, Loni, Murad Nagar and Modi Nagar.
- In a recent update 9 villages from district Gautam Budh Nagar under the juridiction of Graeter Noida Authority were excluded from Greater Noida development area and are included in the development area of the GDA.
- To view Map of GDA authority which includes Ghaziabad, Loni, Muradnagar and Modinagar