Ghaziabad Development Authority is created under Section-4 of Urban Planning and Development Act, 1973 by Government Order no. 738(1)-37-2-47-DA76, Lucknow dated 9th March 1977. The primary objectives of the Authority are:
- Preparation of Master Plan for Planned Urban Development.
- Development & Control as per Master Plan.
- Acquisition of Land and Management for Housing and Urban Development.
- Construction Housing and Development.
- Provision of Physical and Social Infrastructure.
Since its creation, the Authority has come a long way in providing services and developing the infrastructure and development schemes.
Recently, the authority has set targets for developing area under its jurisdiction with world class infrastructure as Smart city, Hi-tech city, Green City, Inclusive city, and total transparency.
The Authority is all set to act as facilitator for the investors from across the world to establish business, industries, educational centers, residential development.
1) Ghazibad development area
Development Area Under Ghaziabad Development Authority includes Ghaziabad, Loni, Murad Nagar and Modi Nagar.
In a recent update 9 villages from district Gautam Budh Nagar under the juridiction of Graeter Noida Authority were excluded from Greater Noida development area and are included in the development area of the GDA.
To view Map of GDA authority which includes Ghaziabad, Loni, Muradnagar and Modinagar