If you want to know about the commercial building bylaws in NOIDA or about HUDA or about NOIDA, please click the link.
Institutional buildings such as schools, hospitals, and government offices are essential components of the city’s infrastructure. To ensure that these buildings are constructed in compliance with safety standards and environmental regulations, the Noida authority has implemented building bylaws.
Institutional building bylaws in Noida
1) Other Provisions
No construction of any kind shall be permitted beyond the building envelope (on setbacks) except
(i) A Chajja (projection) of maximum width of 0.75 metre at lintel or roof level.
No construction of any type or any material shall be permitted over projections other than mentioned herewith.
(ii) Underground water tanks with top flush with the adjoining ground level.
(iii) Watchman Shelters and Watch Towers with following provisions:
(iv) No projection of watchman shelters and watch towers shall be allowed outside the plot line.
(v) Maximum height of watchman shelter shall be 4 metres and for watch towers 15 metres. Total area, as mentioned below, under such shelters shall be split up in desired number of watch man shelter and watch towers as follows:
(vi) The following features shall be permitted after leaving minimum 6 mtrs. open corridor for fire tenders.
(a) Metre room as per norms of Electricity Authority..
(b) Open transformers without any permanent enclosure keeping in view the necessary safety requirements.
(c) Other features as mentioned below figure.
(d) Rockery, well and well structures, water pool, swimming pool (if uncovered), uncovered platform around tree, tank, fountain, bench, chabutra with open top and unenclosed by side walls, compound wall, gate, slide swing, culverts on drains.
(e) Any other feature, primarily ornamental in nature, not enclosing or covering space of commercial use may be permitted by the Chief Executive Officer on case to case basis.
(f) Open generator set, filtration plant, Electrical distribution equipments, feeder pillars, telephone distribution equipments may be permitted in open setback as a service utility provided after leaving clear space for fire tender.
2) Floor Area Ratio shall include
(ii) The shafts provided for lifts shall be taken for covered area calculations only on one floor and included in ground coverage.
(iii) Pergola, shall be counted towards Floor Area Ratio if closed from three or more than three sides.
(iv) Metre room as per Electricity Authority norms.
3) Floor Area Ratio shall not include
(i) A cantilever projection at any level (in setbacks) of a width of 0.75 metre . No construction of any type or any material shall be permitted over projections.
(ii) Basement(s), shall be permissible within the setback line on each floor. However maximum permissible area under basement shall be limited up to:
(a) Basement area, if used for services, storage etc. then maximum area under such facilities shall be equivalent to maximum permissible ground coverage.
(b) Basement area/ Podium parking as defined in parking table, if used for parking, then area equivalent to parking requirement shall be permitted.
(c) In plots bigger than 10000 sq mtrs. The basement shall be allowed in setback area after leaving a minimum setback of 6.0 mtrs.
(iii) Basement, if put to any use other than mentioned above, shall be included in the FAR of the building.
(iv) Stilt area of non-habitable height 2.40 metres from bottom of beam proposed to be used for parking, landscaping etc.
(v) Balconies (upto 1.5metre width) free from FAR may be projected in open setbacks provided 6 mtrs. clear space is available for fire tender movement.
(vi) Other features as mentioned below figure.
(vii) Rockery, well and well structures, water pool, swimming pool (if uncovered), uncovered platform around tree, tank, fountain, bench, chabutra with open top and unenclosed by side walls, compound wall, gate, slide, swing, uncovered staircase (unenclosed and uncovered on three sides except for 0.9 metre high railing/wall and open to sky), overhead tanks on top of buildings, open shafts, culverts on drains.
(viii) Open ramps with no area enclosed below it of usable height. If used for approach to the entrance of the building, then the height as per requirement may be considered.
The space under the ramp shall not be used for any commercial purpose, however it can be landscaped with approval of the Chief Executive Officer on case to case basis.
(ix) Atrium shall be kept free from FAR and ground coverage. In case any commercial activity is proposed in Atrium or any saleable area or any other structure which is counted in FAR & ground coverage, its respective area shall be added in total FAR & ground coverage.
(x) Any other feature purely ornamental in nature and not enclosing or covering space of commercial use may be permitted by the Chief Executive Officer on case to case basis.
(xi) Additional 5% of the plot area as ground coverage will be allowed for dedicated multi level parking/ podium parking in plots bigger than 10000 sq mtrs (excluding green areas).
(xii) In multistorey buildings service floor may be allowed after 4 floors. Maximum of 3 service floors may be allowed in a building. Service floor shall not be counted in FAR and maximum height of service floor shall be 2.40 mtrs. from floor to bottom of the beam.
4) 15% of prescribed FAR shall be added towards common areas, which shall include the following built structures. The structures on ground will be counted in Ground Coverage
1. Canopy projections of area as mentioned below figure, no construction of any type shall be permitted over the canopy. Canopy, if cantilevered and no structure on it having a size of 2.4m x 4.5m shall not be counted in Ground Coverage.
2. Loft up to maximum height of 1.5 metre .
3. Air–conditioning plant, electrical installation, generator room, water works, water tank etc.
4. Watchmen/ Security shelters and watch towers
5. Garbage shafts , lift shafts and 10 sq mtr lobby infront of each lift (excluding area of corridor beyond the lift).
6. Fire escape staircases
7. Toilet blocks for visitors, drivers, guards etc on ground floor only.
8. Mumty, machine room for lifts.
9. Cupboards upto a depth of 0.60mtrs. and 1.80 mtrs. in length.
10. Bay window upto a depth of 0.60mtrs. and 2.0m length.
11. Refuge area as per definition for fire evacuation and National Building Code, 20016.
12. Sewage treatment plant, water treatment plant, garbage collection centre, Electric sub-station, service ducts.
13. Covered walkways and pathways.
14. Any other utilities and facilities as decided by Chief Executive Officer depending on its requirement.
5) Distance between two adjacent building blocks
Distance between two adjacent building blocks shall be minimum 6 mtrs. to 16 mtrs, depending on the height of blocks.
For building height up to 18 mtrs., the spacing shall be 6mtrs.and thereafter the spacing shall be increased by 1metre for every addition of 3 mtrs. in height of building subject to a maximum spacing of 16 mtrs. as per NATIONAL BUILDING CODE, 20016. If the blocks have dead-end sides facing each other, than the spacing shall be maximum 9 mtrs. instead of 16 mtrs.
Moreover, the allottee may provide or propose more than 16 mtrs space between two blocks.
- The Authority shall have a right to impose such restriction and limitations as to the number of storey and extent of height of the building as he considers fit where protected areas, ancient or historical monuments lie within a radius of one and half kilometre from the boundary line of such buildings by recording the reasons.
- The internal height of the basement (floor to ceiling) shall be minimum 2.4 mtrs from bottom of beam and maximum 4.5 metre. Except wherever height of equipments such as electric generator, air conditioner, fire hydrant etc. is more than 4.5 metre additional height equivalent to height of equipments may be permitted.
In case of Automatic/semi automatic/ mechanised parking facility also more than 4.5 mtrs, additional height may be allowed by the Chief Executive Officer depending upon the technology and requirement of space.
- The height of basement shall be maximum 1.5 metres upto bottom of the slab above the top of the drain.
In case the basement is flush with the ground level adequate light and ventilation shall be ensured.
- Toilet block for visitors, drivers etc. comprising of minimum a water closet, a bath and 2 urinals shall be provided on the ground floor.
- At least one of the lifts provided shall be of the specification of goods lift.
- Minimum requirement for sanction/completion: Minimum covered area required for completion shall be as per lease deed or Memorandum of Understanding or as follows:-
(i) No further time extension shall be required if the completion has been taken by the allottee as per table mentioned above.
The above mentioned completion requirement shall be applicable in all allotments. In the old allotments, the provisions of project report or lease deed or previous options may be followed.
(ii) However validity of plans may be granted to the allottee in multiples of 5 years after taking completion of minimum area,
(iii) In all the projects of 40 hactares and above, blockwise temprorary Occupancy may be allowed subject to a minimum of 1,00,000 sqm built up area, the building completed with all mandatory provisions of services and the allottee shall segregate these blocks for the purpose of security during construction period.
6) Provision of following item in building shall be mandatory for issue of completion certificate
(i) Flooring;/ i.e hard surface and completely finished floors for common areas or/and public use areas.
(ii) Electrical wiring;
(iii) Plumbing work to be complete.
(iv) Parking and landscaping as per shown below link 1&2 respectively or as per directions issued from time to time whichever is higher;
Provision of Parking Requirement in noida
Provisions for Landscaping in noida
(v) Number plate and illumination board as per direction amended or direction issued from time-to-time;
(vi) Internal and external finishing (Plastering may not be mandatory);
(vii) Boundary wall and gates shall be mandatory;
(viii) Buildings shall be lockable i.e. all external doors and windows shall be provided. In case grill is provided in the windows the fixing of glass in the windows pane shall not be mandatory;
(ix) No violation should be there in the overall building or site at the time of issue of occupancy certificate;
(x) Any other special provision as mentioned in the lease deed;
(xi) In case of completion of whole project, all temporary structures to be removed. In case if any special clause is mentioned in the lease deed or Memorandum of Understanding then the requirement mentioned in the same shall be applicable.
These building bylaws are designed to ensure the safety, sustainability, and functionality of institutional buildings in Noida. Any individual or organization seeking to construct an institutional building in Noida must comply with these bylaws to obtain the necessary permissions from the Noida authority.