If you want know about Climate specific design principles or Passive cooling or Sustainable site planning or Sustainable building design or Hybrid cooling system please click the link above.
- All sites in their native state sustain various ecological cycles.
- Construction leads to disruption of various cycles as well as exert demand for resources such as energy, water, etc.
- Such construction practices have a detrimental impact on the surroundings.
- Therefore, site selection is the first step to a sustainable habitat and needs to be done appropriately, prior to commencement of the design phase.
- Green areas are essential for our survival.
- Trees and shrubs not only help in reducing the global greenhouse gases, they are also essential for providing clean air and water.
- Urban green areas also help in maintaining the balance between the physical and psychological health of people while simultaneously improving social cohesion amongst the community.
- Therefore, it becomes important that the project provides optimal green cover for its users.
- Site selection and analysis should be carried out to create living spaces that are in harmony with the local environment.
- Development of a project should not cause damage to the natural surrounding of the site but, in fact, try to improve it by restoring its balance.
- Thus, site selection should be carried out in a holistic manner keeping in view the following aspects:
- Contextual design with respect to its surrounding built environment
- Preservation and enhancement of natural biodiversity
- Land utilization and development intensity
- Early-stage design optimization for resource efficiency
- Contribution to urban heat phenomenon
This section consists of three criteria as mentioned in Table ( Given below )