If you want know about Vastu for shop or Vastu for hospital or Vastu for factory please click the link above.
1) Plot Selection
- The best shape is square.
- Rectangle is also excellent provided the length is not more than 1.5 times the width.
- Where the plot is neither square nor rectangular, the following requirements should be ensured.
- Angle at D must be a right angle.
- Angles at A and C should not be less than a right angle.
- Angle at B should not exceed a right angle.
- Where the aforesaid requirements are not obtainable, remedial measures are to be adopted.
- This is done by cutting off the interference and giving it away or keeping it off the corrected boundary through barbed wire fencing.
- The rejected area can be made a receptacle for dumping garden refuse etc. to make compost.
- This correction is a MUST before any construction activity is taken up.
- Elevated South – Ensures good health and prosperity
- Elevated West – Ensures name, fame and good children
- Roads in North and East is very good.
- Wells should be circular in shape below the ground but square in shape above the ground.
- Triangular, Circular or five cornered site and best to be avoided
- Elevated East – Could lead to progeny loss and depression
- Elevated North – Does not ensure good health.
- Plots should not be next to any religious place, public place, marriage halls, hospitals, burial or cremation ground.
- Any plot between two big plots should be avoided.
- It is recommended that one performs a Bhumi Pooja (worshipping the earth) before starting the house construction.
- This is considered an auspicious beginning and heralds a good start to the proceedings.
3) Building Position
- Leave more space towards North and East side of the House compared to South and West side.
- Now you’ll realize why North and East facing plots are preferred as they allow us to design properly.
- We should generally leave space all around the house, it is considered as a good vastu, this helps in better air circulation and proper ventilation.
- Entry Gate into the Plot is advisable to be in North & East, these areas are generally cool and helps in better ventilation.
- Entry to the house is also preferred to be in North or East, this helps the house dwellers in having Prosperity and Good Health.
5) General Points
- Entrance and Pooja room should be in North East zone
- Entrance from North East is Favorable
- Bathroom should be in East or in between East and North East
- Kitchen should be in South-East Corner
- Cooking should always be done facing East
- Bedrooms should be in Southern side
- Bedroom of the bread earner of the hose should be in North-West side
- Bedroom in South-West corner should be used by the head of the house(parents)
- Bedroom in Southern and Western side should be used by sons and North-West corner by daughters
- Number of doors and windows should be even
- Pooja room’s door should have double shutters and four frame
- Deity should face West east and North
- All the doors should open inside so that the energy may remain inside
- Kitchen should not be in front of or next to the toilet
- Toilet door should not face the kitchen or dining hall
- Cooking facing North or South is prohibited
- Bedrooms in Eastern and Northern sides are not god
- Bedroom in South-East corner is dangerous Bed, dining table or sofas should not be placed below any beam or attic
- Photos of ancestors should be placed in the South- West corner of the house
- Rest of the doors should not be bigger than the main entrance
- Three doors falling in one line is not good
- Above the pooja room there should neither be a toilet nor a kitchen
- Deity should never face South
- Worshipers can face any direction except South
6) Various Part of house
- The Rishis of ancient period clearly clarified in the ‘VAASTU SHASTRA’ which things should be kept where and how to do a certain work.
- It has been shown in the above plan how a house should be arranged and decorated.